Monday, January 28, 2013


BIRDS

In an effort to do projects that are less cookie-cutter, I have been working on giving students more choice in their art.  So this project came about because there are SO MANY BIRDS circulating on pinterest.  I printed out all the "how-to" drawing pages plus posted a ton of bird images on my smartboard screen to inspire the kids.  They were allowed to choose one bird to draw -  emphasis on one bird, drawn well, with plenty of details.  Then they got to choose their paper size - 9x12, 12x18, or 12x15.  They drew their birds in pencil, traced them in glue, then colored with chalk.  I laminated them.  NEXT year I will buy some extra Elmers Gel Glue - they made the most aaaaamazing shiny lines.  I had 4 bottles sitting around that some of them used.  I bet you can tell which ones!

Group of birds (already laminated, excuse the glare)

Gel glue

Normal glue, but still beautiful

Gel glue

Normal glue (you see what I mean)






No comments:

Post a Comment